Alvo Birthday Group Meeting Tonight - Monday - February 9th!
Any and all interested in helping with the 125th Anniversary Celebration will be welcome at 7 PM in the Fire & Rescue meeting room.
How about that 4-6 inches that turned into about a foot?
It's pretty until you have to deal with it...
Saturday - had to go to Omaha for an EMS class driving up was not bad; coming back not so great. Sunday much worse - 13 cars off I-80 in 24 miles of interstate, including a Cadillac that zoomed past us - he was in the median about 2 miles later. Coming home - same distance, 15 vehicles, most of them different than 7 hours earlier. Further west on I-80 was worse - 2 fatalities, at least one because a semi didn't slow down and hit a stalled semi. Was really glad to see the sun on Monday. Give the county and state roads people a thumbs up for their extra effort on Saturday, Sunday and Momday. Our friend fought bronchitis and worked 16 hour days to clean county roads. Mahalo nui loa all you roads people.
Back to the normal agenda...
Meetings this week:
Wednesday, February 4th, Alvo Fire Department, 1900, Fire & Rescue meeting room
Sunday, February 8th, Church Service, 9:00 AM, Alvo Methodist Church
Monday, February 9th, Alvo Birthday Celebration Group, 7:00 PM, Fire and Rescue meeting room
Days until Alvo's Party
Please come help.
The rain changing to snow may help the soil moisture levels, but for the week ending on January 27th abnormally dry areas increased...
Nebraska Drought Monitor
If you care at all about the rest of the country, click here.
This week, we gain 15 minutes of sunlight - YES!
|Date||Sunrise||Sunset||Sun hours||Days until Spring|
|Wednesday, February 04, 2015||07:33 AM||05:46 PM||10:13||44|
|Thursday, February 05, 2015||07:32 AM||05:48 PM||10:16||43|
|Friday, February 06, 2015||07:31 AM||05:49 PM||10:18||42|
|Saturday, February 07, 2015||07:30 AM||05:50 PM||10:20||41|
|Sunday, February 08, 2015||07:29 AM||05:51 PM||10:22||40|
|Monday, February 09, 2015||07:27 AM||05:53 PM||10:26||39|
|Tuesday, February 10, 2015||07:26 AM||05:54 PM||10:28||38|
How luna should look if the night sky is clear
02/04 02/05 02/06 02/07 02/08 02/09 02/10
Let me in, please
It could be worse
Facts and Trivia about Snow
- Every snowflake has its own unique shape and is different than all other snowflakes.
- All snowflakes have six sides.
- Snowflakes aren't always white. Years ago, when coal was used in factories and homes, snow was often grey because the coal dust entered the air and was absorbed by the clouds.
- The largest snowflakes ever recorded fell in the state of Montana in the United States of America. The snowflakes were 15 inches in diameter.
- The snow capital of the United States is Stampede Pass in Washington State. Each year, the average snowfall is 430 inches.
- The average snowflake falls at a speed of 3.1 miles per hour. [5kph]
- It is a blizzard when you can't see for ¼ mile; the winds are always 35 miles an hour or more, and the storm must last at least 3 hours to be classed as a blizzard. If any of these conditions are less, it is only a snowstorm.
- Billions of snowflakes fall during one short snowstorm.
"A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water." - Carl Reiner